Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How long does it take.
A. It is all dependent on your property and what sort of condition it is in. Each property is individual.

Q. Can you do the repairs if it needs it.
A. Yes, Small non time consuming remedial work can be done at the time of inspection, but major remedial work will likely need a return visit unless you get these done by a 3rd party.

Q. The remedial work has been completed by a 3rd party, can you issue my EICR
A. No, A ‘satisfactory’ EICR cannot issued without the appropriate paperwork in place from the person who completed the work, or without another inspection. Normally the 3rd party would issue an MEIW or EIC to say the work has been completed satisfactorily. The unsatisfactory EICR along with the follow up documentation (MEIW or EIC) detailing the remedial works has been completed is sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the statutory guidance on electrical checks in the private rental sector.

Q, Can you recommend someone to carry out a Gas inspection.
A, Yes.

Please Note: The objective of an inspection is not to issue paperwork to make thing’s comply, the objective is to see if the installation complies.


Holburn Street
Aberdeen AB10 6BX


Phone: +44 (0) 7866 386 025

web page was designed with Mobirise site theme